Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Four Seconds

Four Seconds
found wood, newsprint, paper, paint, ink, vinyl
10 x 26 inches
Everyone has really enjoyed the first piece (One and Four Girls) that used this series of a woman doing eye exercises from the 1930s, but it's a rather large commitment, so I made a smaller version in a neutral palette...and I love this image so anytime I can use this woman I will!  

The base is found wood, of course.  To that I glued (pH neutral/archival glue!) several pages of "Used Equipment Directory" from November 1969--the Craigslist of its day, I suppose.  Then I drew petal shapes on with my favorite roller pen (uni-ball eco, FYI), sanded it, painted it white, sanded it again, put on digitally cut vinyl and filled in with more grey paint.

I think we can all relate to her expressions here...just imagine what she just heard to get this reaction.
Shifty!

You can really see the pattern here, and I love the chippy edges and layering!

No comments:

Post a Comment