Monday, December 28, 2015

Collages

My first collage was five or six Dubble Bubble gum wrappers glued to a piece of paper measuring approximately 3 x 4 inches.  This masterpiece was gifted to my Kindergarten teacher, Miss Becky (awesome person).  This action spawned artistic gifts from my other classmates, but I started that trend (just like I did with overalls in the early '90s--YOU ARE WELCOME).

The first collage I made that made me think, oh, this is an okay way to make a thing and you can't tell I'm a child, was in 3rd grade.  It was a lady with body parts pulled from different images, including mismatched eyes and different limbs.  I feel like I've been chasing this particular dragon my entire life.

The last couple weeks I've been making collages with my plethora of ephemera.  I'm looking at this as an exercise in getting back into the swing of things for 2016, but it's completely possible I could actually try to make some money from this endeavor through an online reproduction-selling entity (Fine Art America, Zazzle, Society 6, etc.).

Here's some of what I've made recently (all are 12 x 12 inches):

matboard, color pastel, vinyl, paper

matboard, paper, vinyl, color pastel, colored pencil

matboard, colored pencil, fabric paper, paper, vinyl

matboard, paper, vinyl

matboard, paper, vinyl, charcoal, colored pencil, color pastel

matboard, paper, fabric paper, painted book page
I can guarantee all the found paper I use is older than I am.

Here are some of my favorite artists I follow on Instagram right now:
The Daily Splice
Mountain Cur
Spinner Web
C.Pic 

Instagram is a never-ending rabbit hole of wonderful art, so be careful!



No comments:

Post a Comment