Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Cat Planters

A friend saw that I was making planters and requested a memorial cat head planter for a coworker who had just lost her kitty.  Instead of making one or two for her, I made a dozen and just kept going...

The first generation.


Trying to keep glazing simple with oxide rubs and underglazes.
I based this one on Clover!
I put some weird nubs on the bottom of this one.

Planted with a little cactus babe.

This was the simplest one I made, and the smallest...and fastest to sell!

Clover-as-Planter with Purple Heart.
Happy customer!
This went to my friend and lives as a home to a beautiful cactus.
I debuted these at the Kemper on Saturday's Block Party and many found new homes!  Looks like, as usual, animals (and cats in particular) are a big hit around here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment