Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Burlap Seed Sacks

This summer I discovered some truly beautiful old sacks that were maybe used once and then hidden away in a trash can.  That trash can (it was lidded) was then hidden away in a barrel.  That barrel was placed in a shed.  Then, maybe fifty years later, I came along and found them.  

Love at first sight!
Found on August 16, 2014
I want to flatten and frame them, but I'm scared to really do anything yet.  I've read you can steam old burlap to get the wrinkles out, or even iron them or toss 'em in the dryer for a bit, but what if they disintegrate?  For now I'll just put them under some heavy flat things and see what happens.

It's snowing today, so no picking--except I actually did get some more vinyl from my lovely source.  Then I slid all over the road getting home.  Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment