Friday, April 13, 2018

Neighbor

I do not currently have any neighbors who disguise themselves as humans but underneath are good-natured trolls...so I had to make one!  I'm not entirely certain why I titled this one Neighbor, but I'm sticking with it.  Seems delightfully open to interpretation.
Before first firing.  I dotted the surface with brown slip for some nice
mole action and liver spots on the skin tags.


Before glaze firing.  I knew the colors wouldn't be this vibrant after it was all
said and done, but oh I wish...

Finito!  Recycled clay fired to cone 10 with mason stains
and oxides.


I used the Clay Guild's "G White" glaze on the lips to bring out some of
the iron in the clay.
This is the biggest face I've made so far, about 9 inches wide.  I'm looking forward to going larger but I need to complete the ones I have still ready to be glazed before I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment