Monday, June 13, 2016

Anatomical Heart Shadow Box #1

found wood, pencil, paint, vinyl
8 x 10 3/4 inches
I enlarged my popular anatomical hearts and added a bit of a frame to change it just that much more.  The background is siding from my house that needed to be removed and the frame is made from lath taken from our (ongoing) bathroom demolition.  I simply white-washed the wood, sanded it, and added more paint in the heart lines to pop it out.  I traced the lines around the vinyl with pencil to give it a little oomph.  The frame is nailed on with rusty nails (uh, because I left them outside all winter) that came out of the same wall as the lath. 

When I started making these, my husband called me an Art Earthworm--taking trash and making it useful again!  I took it as a huge compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment