Friday, August 3, 2018

Collide, Melt, Vanish

If you've been following along, you might be wondering what happens to the vinyl I use as a resist--does all that go to waste?  Of course not!  I save it if I can and use it over and over...
And maybe someday these will get their own turn in the spotlight.  But for now, just tools.
I wanted to make a piece that was more subtle than some of my others while still using the vinyl resist.  I chose a sweet combo of pink and green and blue for the base.
Only one layer to paint and peel on this one.
Painted over, peeled off, sanded.


You can see the left over paint from applying the vinyl on
past pieces.  Contamination!  I like it.

Trying out colors and orzo directions.
 Pink and bright turquoise might not seem "subtle" but, yeah, relative to my other stuff...
Collide, Melt, Vanish
36 x 24 inches, 2018
 Details!
Metal, paint, vinyl

I rather like the brush strokes.
The title comes from a line from Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.  Man, that guy could write a descriptive bit of text, couldn't he?
Siblings.
"Upland and Lowland" and "Collide, Melt, Vanish"

No comments:

Post a Comment