Thursday, January 30, 2014

Found It: BOOKS!

I found many books, primarily from the 1940s, last summer out in the sheds.  They were mostly my grandmother's romance novels (she married "late," especially for the '40s/'50s Midwest).  I originally put them in my antique mall shop, but with the fragile state of their beautiful dust jackets, I felt they were being mishandled a little too much.  I sold a few, but I thought maybe it would be better to throw them up on Etsy so the whole wide world could easily search for their titles.

So, in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day, here are a few...
Can't you just hear the sweeping score playing as they (finally, I'm sure) embrace?
"It is a story of passion, dread, struggles and strength."
That clears it right up.
Double novel!
Party Line:  A telephone worker knows everything about her small town's goings on.
Out on a Limb: Baker's autobiography about losing a leg (a limb!) at a young age.

Forbidden romance!
A titan of industry!
World War One looms...

Love in a church...

This book spawned four movies about Tammy, a girl who grew up on a boat.

Look at that guy in beige!  Nerd!
A young gal takes in an orphan and fends off suitors. 

Some of the online reviews are pretty funny, and don't seem anything like what the covers and end papers depict, but that seems to be the way it goes.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, if you are a person who likes to send flowers to your favorite people, please make the order NOW and DO NOT use an online/telephone conglomerate (you'll be wasting your money).  Call your local florist.  Be a pal.

P.S. I will be working at a flower shop Valentine's week, and have for the last five years, so I kind of know what I'm talking about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment