Friday, January 26, 2018

Made It: A Border of Memory

Another very big piece.  Complicatedly simple.
A Border of Memory40 inches tall x 66 inches wide
 This little piece was my inspiration.  This was one of the first non-clock orzo sketches I tried out three or four years ago.  It's about 8 x 8 inches.
scrap wood, paint, tea bag papers, vinyl
 The layers were all shades of black with a hint of crimson here and there.  I dragged a scrub brush through the wet paint to add texture.

All white vinyl.
 As I went along I decided to start adding in reflective silver orzos into the design.  Without a flash or other bright light source it's barely noticeable, but if you use a flash on your camera you get a whole new perspective.
Surprise!!
 Look at that glow!  Magical.

The ridges really show up in this picture.  If you buy it you can touch it all you want.
Booth shot
Title from the eponymous poem by Florence L. Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment