Monday, January 29, 2018

Made It: Rouse

After the big hullabaloo of the Women to Watch | Metals opening at the Kemper, I decided to dive back into making.  I so loved how the painted background turned out on this one that I chose a design that wouldn't completely obliterate it.
Rouse48 inches tall x 36 inches widealuminum, paint, vinyl
Lots of details ahead...

That little blue peeking out, the brushstrokes, the silver edge...mmmmm.

 When it was time to put vinyl to aluminum, I took some inspiration from a tiny collage I made a couple years ago.
Pink Fire
5 x 4 inches, paper collage and vinyl
At first it sorta turned out like a mountain, which didn't float my boat.
Floater
So I peeled off some outside orzos, contoured it, added some more here and there, and I was much happier.
The title wasn't taken from poetry, I did some good old thesaurus work with ideas of fire.  "Rouse" like "aroused" like "growing" and whatnot.  I can come up with them on my own sometimes, see?

CHECK OUT MY INSTA FOR FUN STUFF.  It's fun to me.  Lately it's mostly ceramics because it's too cold to work outside and I have to sand outside so I don't die of particulates and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment