Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Clocks in Progress

In preparation for a call off the waitlist for a six-day show in a couple weeks, I've been working on padding my inventory.  Last week I got my 24 x 24 inch aluminum blanks and some 6 x 18s, so I dove into cutting...So.Much.Cutting. 


This is as organized as I get.
With the biggies I get to play around with proportion, which is fun, but it's hard to decide on colors sometimes.  A giant rainbow clock is a big commitment for a person...doesn't necessarily match the curtains.  But all I can do is make something I like and hope someone else likes it, too.


Cut too many hot colors and got to use the leftovers on a smaller clock.

Playing around with a simple shape is one of my favorite things.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this show!  If I don't make the trek to the Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts, I will at least have a bunch of stuff for my scheduled shows this summer.  Better to be prepared and disappointed than unprepared and stressed out.  I'll be stressed out either way, though, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment